(BLOGMAS DAY 10)
Happy, happy ALMOST-CHRISTMAS-EVE-THE-DAY-AFTER-TOMORROW, friend!
Eeek, this is like the PEAK of how exciting it can get, without it being the actual day of Christmas of course.
The day after tomorrow is Christmas Eve and the last day of blogmas, and it’s been a good run and SO much fun (I hope you’ve loved it as much as I have!!) so I thought it would be sweet to wrap it all up with a dump of things I’m grateful for.
The Christmas season seems to get everyone feeling that lil’ bit more sentimental, generous, or thankful than usual, and whilst we should live like Jesus year round and, I’ve been trying to be extra considerate recently.
Friend, God is SO good. Even on the really tough days- the days you see the ‘Christmas spirit’ everywhere you look but can only think of how much you miss that person, the days you feel lonely, the days it seems everything that could possibly goes wrong does, the days you hurt even though you know you’re loved, and the days you hurt and wonder how loved you even are- even on all of those days and more, God is still good. His is still God, and he is still good.
So here are some ways I’ve seen the goodness of God lately:
- Catching up with a friend I haven’t seen in a while
- Talking for five hours straight out with friends who are more like sisters
- Good pizza and good company last night
- Wrapping up the first term of this school year well
- Talking to my cousin lots
- The beautiful sunrises before the cold, rainy days
- Being able to have our Christmas church services in person
- Having a job that I love so much
- The friendship group at church that I prayed so hard and so long for
- Having supportive and encouraging best friends
- This lil’ blogging community that I’ve got here
- The warmth of my house in the bitterness of winter
- Facetiming with my grandpa
- Having so much fun learning to drive
- New friendships
- All my cosy clothes and my warm shower
- Looking at my breath in the frosty early morning air
- Receiving postcards, emails and messages from blog friends
- Being able to celebrate Christmas with my family
So there you have it, my lil’ gratitude dump of late, maybe you could drop your own gratitude dump down below!