Wow, okay, I’m BACK! Friends, it has been a HOT minute!! I totally did not plan to take such a long break… or really any break at all, but sometimes the best things in life aren’t planned, and I can tell you… I reeeally needed a rest from blogging. But I’m back now, and hopefully here to stay!
Friends, I really am dying to catch up with you all, so read on for all my current favourites and let’s get chatting in the comments below, but first I wanna be real with you.
I’ve been blogging (pretty much consistently) here on Not So Perfect for almost a year and a half now (crazy, I know!), and honestly it is one of the highlights of my life. I do what I can with the little time I have but if I could be creating content 100% of the time, I really would. But recently I’ve been finding it tough to focus on the things I need to prioritise, even if they’re not thing things I want to prioritise… aka school haha. So I sort of started cutting a few things out of my life… some intentionally, like blogging, and others, like reading the Bible, I sort of just fell out of the habit of doing. And without those things… especially essential things like my quiet time, working out and healthy eating, I sort of started feeling a bit down in the dumps. I’ll be honest… I SQUIRM admitting that to you because I love to have everything ‘together’ and I love feeling productive and on top of my life. But this past month, I haven’t been doing so great at that. A little bit at a time though, I’m getting back on the grind and I feel like my life is coming together again, but it really was a tough start to the year.
I think the main thing I’ve learned since the start of the year is that I really can’t do it without Jesus. Like, I really can’t. With hindsight, the days that I cried the most, the days I was the least productive, the days I felt the worst, were also the days I didn’t open my Bible, the days I didn’t talk to God and the days I didn’t journal my thank-yous. Here’s the thing: I write about faith and Jesus and having a productive lifestyle, but that doesn’t mean I always get it right. I’m not claiming to be someone I’m not, and I really hope I don’t come across that way, and that was why I really just wanted to be real with you about all this. But like I said, I’m feeling more on top of things now, I’m getting back on track and building up my good habits again, and that has meant I feel able to come back to blogging, which I’m so excited about! But I guess my main point from this little life update is to really, really emphasise that I’m farrr from perfect and that just because I talk about certain stuff doesn’t mean I’m perfect at it. I have bad days (or in this case, bad weeks) too, and that what you see on social media is not the whole picture, and I really want you to know that, friend!
If you’ve been here for any amount of time, you’ll know one of my favourite ways to catch up with you guys is by sharing a bunch of my current favourite everything’s! So here goes… enough chat… let’s jump straight into it!!
- I have had this playlist on repeat… some great songs on here!
- Artists I’ve been loving: Kasey Musgraves, Mission House (beautiful, Biblical worship music), NEEDTOBREATH, Taylor Swift (are we surprised), The National Parks
- Current fave covers: Lover by The National Parks, Fix You by Kasey Musgraves
- Top listened-to songs on Spotify this month: homecoming queen? -ballerini album version by Kelsea Ballerini, Jireh by Maverick City, Wildflowers by Tom Petty, Headlights by The National Parks, Vision of Your Love by Mission House
- Podcasts: Mornings With The Masters, Moments Podcast, Joyful Creations, as we’re learning
- Movies: Drive Me Crazy, To All The Boys I Loved Before trilogy
- Shows: Gilmore Girls (has this ever changed??), Dawsons Creek, recently I’ve been getting back into Brooklyn 99, One Of Us Is Lying
- Youtube: Rachel Catherine, Miss Katie, Jaclyn Brooke
- I’ve been loving making salads for my lunches lately… stay tuned for some recipes coming to the blog eek!
- Drinks: iced coffees (yes, even in the dead of winter… are we even surprised at this point)
- Starbucks order: iced latte with slightly less ice, one pump of white mocha and one pump of caramel… tried this syrup combo for the first time the other day, and YUM
- Snack: I’ve been loving eating carrots with different hummus lately… I’ve loved garlic hummus and also Sabra hummus… to die for. Also Reeses peanut butter cups… I honestly think I could live off them! And hot cross buns seem to be back in season too, so there we go!
So now I’m back on the blog to stay, I’ve been getting back to content planning, which is always something I love to do. Coming up is sooo much fun stuff, here and on Instagram (yes, I’m finally back on there too), so stay tuned for collabs (eeek), exciting content and maybe some changes to the site?!?! Oh, and if you follow me on instagram, I’m going live at 6pm GMT Sunday with my sweet friend Rachel, to chat all things identity and faith, so be sure to hop on and say hi! And as always, drop anything you’d like to see here down below!! (Oh, and how fun is this… this post is my 100th on the blog!!) Much love friends, it is SO good to be back!!